Monday, November 10, 2014

November 6th

When you're born dead, do you have a birthday?

I've been very careful of my language.  In the hospital, we were very careful to use the word "delivery" instead of "birth."

November 6th, 2014.  My mom said it would probably be the worst day of our lives.  I told her "But that's also the only day we got with her, that's the day we got to hold her all afternoon." Is this the day we'll remember her by?

December 12th, 2014.  We scheduled our c-section a few months ago.  My doctor thought it would help my anxiety to know when exactly the baby would be coming.  We chose the 12th because Ben was born on 4/4/13.  Kids born on 4/4/13 and 12/12/14 felt pretty cool.  And I figured if I had to have a scheduled c-section, one positive thing was getting some amount of control over my child's birthday.  Do you know how hard December 12, 2014 is going to be for us?

December 18, 2014.  Her due date.

2 comments:

  1. We have been praying for you and your family through this unimaginable time of pain and sorrow. My heart just aches for you and your family. We are here for you if you need anything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Nov. 6 maybe could be Lydie's Day. Not birthday, not anniversary. A special day to honor and celebrate and remember her, in a more formal way than the remembering you'll do every day.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Franchesca Cox