Friday, December 5, 2014

Elephant

A couple nights ago, Justin told me he had a work Christmas party today.  He said he didn't know how he could spend a couple hours making small talk with his coworkers.  They would have been congratulating him at this party, asking him if we're ready, asking him how I'm feeling.  Instead, they won't even mention our daughter.  Elephant in the room.  I've been amazed how many people don't mention our daughter.  As if they don't mention it, we won't be thinking about it anyway.

"Wow, they're doing it early," I said.

"Yeah... so I could make it," he said.

Oh.
Oh.
That hadn't even occurred to me, but of course.  Justin was supposed to be out beginning next week until the end of the year.  To take care of both me, as I recovered from my c-section, and our baby girl.
Shit shit shit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Franchesca Cox