Thursday, December 18, 2014

My Christmas baby

Today is Lydia's due date: December 18th.
When I first heard it, I thought "oh shit."  Poor kid.  Christmas birthday.

When others asked my due date (as they inevitably do), and exclaimed, "A Christmas baby!" I would usually respond, "Yeah, we didn't do the math" or "You can't always plan these things!"

I thought it was so far from ideal.

Benjamin was born 6 days after his due date when I was finally induced. And though I was dreading the c-section for Lydia, I was glad to take her birthday further from Christmas instead of closer.  If Lydia had been born 6 days after her due date, she would be born on Christmas Eve!  And that would be just terrible.

I can't believe the things I worried about now.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Franchesca Cox