Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Well, that was a bust.

Last night, a friend of mine from support group hosted a little get-together at her home.  She also had a medium there.

When she invited us to come over to either meet with the medium or just hang out, I didn't think twice about the medium.  Mostly, it freaked me out.  And what if he didn't even mention Lydie?

Then she told us how he told her there was a young boy with her mom.   And yes, her son died.  And her mom died.

But I still wasn't considering it when I went last night.

And then all these women described their short meetings with him as amazing.  They came up from the meetings in the basement in tears.  One explained how he talked about things that only her mom, who is no longer living, would know.

On a whim, I thought "Why the hell not?"  I didn't want to regret it later.  I had never given much thought to whether I believe in mediums.  But if I had a chance to connect with Lydie, how could I pass it by? 

Welp, let's just say I should have passed it by.

He started out talking about a female.  Your mom, he asked?  No, I answered. Not my mom.  Must be a grandmother, he continued.  Nope, not one of my grandmothers, I responded.  Whoever she is, she's very organized, he said.

I stared at him with a blank look.  Organized?

It didn't get a whole lot better from there.  He talked about one man who was very confused - my Opa, who had Alzheimers?  Perhaps. I'm left thinking, he better not be confused in heaven.

Then, a family member who died from cancer?  Nope.  Not one.  I have a lot of family members who have died too soon, but none from cancer.

I asked him if it would be helpful to know who I was hoping to connect with. I didn't want to lead him too much but I also couldn't walk out of there without a mention of her.  I told him my daughter.  He concentrated for a moment then said he wasn't connecting with her.  Was she 5 or 6 when she died?, he asked.  No, I said, stillborn.  Oh.

It doesn't mean she's not there, he tells me.
I know that, I respond.

I don't know what I believe in.  But I know I'm not going to let this man influence it.

The good news?  He seemed genuinely sorry, said sometimes the spirits don't show up for him, said he couldn't let me pay him.

And I certainly did not insist on it.

7 comments:

  1. I saw a psychic (actually made the appointment before Nancy died, my friend and I saw her - sort of as a joke - a few times before and found her spookily accurate).

    So this was a few months after Nancy died. she said ooh are you pregnant? I said no. "Trying?" No
    "Oh what's stopping you" I was pregnant but ...

    "Oh yes I can see, you had a miscarriage" NO


    Here, have £30 for talking shit, please. She readily accepted it. I'm a fool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. So glad you didn't pay up. What a weird experience and probably totally uncomfortable for you both. You probably started to feel sorry for this person. How odd.

    I want to hear what happened when you walked upstairs after the medium encounter in the basement!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally uncomfortable, Brandy. I couldn't wait to get the hell out of there. And when I walked upstairs, I am pretty sure the first words out of my mouth was the title of this post. I have a friend who was debating and clearly she did not do it after my report. I think my friends were worried I would be upset but gratefully it didn't bother me too much. I would say it was a total crock except for all the women who were amazed by him.

      Delete
  3. I am glad he was a kind person though. My sister just had a powerful experience with a Medium (her friend so she was skeptical), but this friend knows nothing of Cale and yet said there was a four year old boy present and he heard her when she spoke to him. Makes me wonder. I've wanted to see one, but am nervous at the same time

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow wow wow.

    I have this thought about Mediums, and you just sort of proved my thought. I feel like the majority of them run through the gamut of...life...to connect people. Who doesn't know someone who died of cancer? It's pretty rare. But your daughter was fucking stillborn. The odds of that happening are like, nil, right? And of course, he didn't pick up on it. Cause really...he doesn't really see dead people.

    Anyway. I'm glad you didn't pay him. I'm a total skeptic when it comes to shit like this and I feel bad that people sort of throw money around to go to them. I feel like there's usually a LOT of leading, and people just fall for it, and UGH.

    My SIL is totally obsessed with Long Island Medium, and my brother (who was a bio PhD) GOES CRAZY that she believes it. LOL. I mostly just sit on the fence about spirits. I feel like I'm connected to Luke, but I don't know if I believe that his spirit would possibly connect to some random person. Crock. Yes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would have felt the same way you did. Skeptical. But also what if... I'm glad he was kind. I don't generally buy into mediums, and yet I'm willing to entertain the idea that there ARE ways of connecting with people who have died. I just don't really trust someone else to be the medium for me to do so.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would have felt the same way you did. Skeptical. But also what if... I'm glad he was kind. I don't generally buy into mediums, and yet I'm willing to entertain the idea that there ARE ways of connecting with people who have died. I just don't really trust someone else to be the medium for me to do so.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Franchesca Cox