Thursday, October 15, 2015

After the Storm

 On Monday, this happened.

(And this too:)




 On Tuesday, this happened.


On Wednesday, this happened.

And today, this happened.

We brought our second daughter home.

Bittersweet, with an emphasis on the sweet.

As my husband drove us home, we listened to a song on Bowie's playlist, "After the Storm," by Mumford & Sons.  And as I feel completely unable to summarize the last 3 or 4 days right now, I'm going to leave you with these lyrics:

"Because death is just so full
And man so small
I'm scared of what's behind
And what's before.

There will come a time, you'll see, with no more tears.
And love will not break your heart, but dismiss your fears.
Get over your hill and see what you find there,
With grace in your heart and flowers in your hair."


11 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And love will not break your heart but dismiss your fears. I can't stop crying! I am so happy that Bowie/Josephine has arrived safe and sound! Love you and love your family. XO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it beautiful Kati? And so true?

      Delete
  3. Beautiful. Your second daughter, third child, is home and well. Thank goodness. Like you said, hardest thing ever, but WORTH IT.

    What is your husband's necklace? A piece of Lydia jewelry?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So worth it.

      And yes, Lydie's handprint! Since I couldn't wear it for surgery, Justin wore it instead.

      Delete
  4. I listened to that song over and over before Finn arrived. Always brings me right back to that time.

    Oh I just love seeing you bring that baby girl home.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So so beautiful. I'm so, so glad to know that your third child is home safe and sound and in your arms.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this! So glad Benjamin and Lydie's sister is here safely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love love love every single one of these pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So wonderful! And heartbreaking that big middle sister isn't there too! I sing that song to Bode all the time.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Franchesca Cox